Marriage and Family Ministry
The love of husband and wife is the force that welds society together.
—St. John Chrysostom
God intends such beauty and grandeur of love to be revealed, communicated, and guarded through marriage and family. Though living in a challenging society, in which numerous forces seek to destroy or to deform the beauty and value of marriage and family, we are not only called to be a community of love and life, but have God’s grace available for us to fulfill the mission to reflect and share in God’s love for the whole humanity through marriage and family.
Our faith journey is not a solitary one, but today’s life style is more and more mobile and less and less conducive for bringing people together into a network of meaningful relationships. The ministry of Marriage and Family Life seeks to offer initiatives and events through which married couples and their families can be connected to one another and channeled into a communal effort to build strong marriages and healthy family dynamics so that the ‘domestic churches’ will come alive and flourish in the parish faith community.
If you are engaged and planning to get married, please see Marriage Preparation for more information.
If you would like to know more about marriage enrichment at OLMC, please click here for Oikos.
I do hope and trust that you will join us for various events and initiatives of Marriage and Family Life designed to provide formation needed to help support marriage and family.
The Marriage and Family Life Ministry is committed to:
- Presenting marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman which is lifelong, faithful and open to life
- Helping engaged couples prepare adequately for the Sacrament of Marriage
- Supporting married couples and their families through Oikos, Marriage Enrichment at OLMC
- Making known and revitalizing the ‘domestic church’ in the parish community
- Building and propagating the Civilization of life
- Raising holy men and women, husbands, wives, virtuous children
- Forming and multiplying local leaders who would support married couples and families