We offer a weekly, five day program for children who turn 4 on or before September 1st. This program meets five days a week, M-F from 8:05am-12:15pm.
Our four and five year old children are provided with a variety of activities that develop kindergarten readiness. They include listening, language development, problem solving, group interaction, letter and sound recognition, counting and number recognition along with small and large motor activities, dramatic play, creative art, literature and music. Age appropriate activities are presented to children individually, in small and large groups in a Catholic Christian environment. Skills presented in group activities are respect, sharing, listening, cooperation and problem solving. Teachers offer direct instruction and positive feedback to guide the children throughout the day.
Learning Objectives for Four/Five Year Olds
- Cognitive Skills
- Exposure to all colors
- Exposure to numbers 1 through 25
- Putting words together to form sentences
- Learn to speak in five to seven word sentences
- Following simple three to five step directions
- Using words (adjectives) to describe feelings
- Using words to problem solve
- Exposure to all the alphabet letters, upper and lower case
- Learning sounds of letters
- Printing of name
- Recognition of first and last name in written form
- Exposure to simple sequencing of events
- Understanding opposites
- Learning to rhyme words
- Correct hold and usage of crayons/pencils
- Correct hold and usage of scissors, being able to turn the paper
- Stringing beads or small objects
- Doing puzzles (8 - 15 pieces)
- Balancing on one foot
- Hopping on one foot
- Throwing and catching a ball
- Kick a ball
- Walking a straight line
- Attempt to skip
- Jump getting both feet off the ground
A Snack is provided for all classes. Providing preschoolers with a variety of foods helps ensure good nutrition!
Pre-Kindergarten children bring a lunch from home.