About Children's Stewardship
Children’s Stewardship Corner - September 2012
Here are just a few of the many ‘offerings” to God from the children at Our Lady of Mount Carmel:
This is how I thanked God:
- Help People
- I helped my Nana with the furniture.
- Helped put in a movie and I gathered Legos for the kids in Cancun.
- I was nice to my teacher.
- Watched Kids
- Go to Church love, playing flag football.
- I picked up trash at the park.
- Helped some kids with Math work
- I took care of baby.
- Prayed for the sick and poor.
- Being a good friend,
- Being a good team player.
- By helping Mom and Dad.
- Playing basketball
- Helped my friend with homework.
- I helped Mom with the dishes
- I did my chores around the house and played with my baby brother,
- Helping out around my home.
- I did my Sister’s hair.
- Raked my backyard.
- Helped Mrs. Montanez clean up, Help clean rooms and put some of savings in the mission jar.
- Helped a teacher take some stuff to her car.
- Studied hard in school and helped my friends at school.
I Prayed for:
- All Armed Forces
- Everyone in the World.
- My Family
- Family and Friends
- Poor, homeless and sick.
- For all the people who don’t have homes.
- Mr. Van Brunt and Sister Adele.
- Everyone in the World.
- My brother, Danny, Mrs. Montanez.
- Helped some kids with Math work.
- Cousins, Godfather, Jimmy,
- Godfather Chad
- Mrs. Montanez
- Family and friends to be safe.
- For all the people in Hurricane Isaac.
- Heal my friend.
- Roy Morales
- My Sister and Mr. Van Brunt.
- Mrs. Shrimp, Mrs. Montanez, Mrs. Angulo, and Mrs. Raclaw,
- Grandpa, Roque, my brother Danny, Mamma Boo, and baby Jesus.
- Godfather Jimmy
- I Prayed for Erebet.
Gifts from the children’s envelopes: $54.74
From the director...
A Note to Parents:
Thank you for reinforcing in your children the value of giving to others. As parents and parish we have taught our children that what God has given to us is valued and returned as time, talent and treasure in service to others.
As a special emphasis, we are introducing our specially designed youth envelopes. I ask that you ask your child on Friday night or Saturday morning whether they have prepared their envelope for this weekend’s Mass. Suggest to them that they take the envelope sit down and fill it out. Help them prepare their envelope. This regular weekly ritual of reflecting on their past week to see how they have spent their time will turn out to be a real fruitful experience and will help them to know that serving others is a fun experience.
Have your child turn in an envelope each week, even if they have no money to place inside it. All children have the gifts of time and talent they can share each week. The children’s envelopes are found by all entrances of the church and behind the last pews in the church.
Why use envelopes at all? You will find your child will get more enjoyment from Mass by concretely participating in the offertory. Just as Jesus gave sacrificially of Himself, we share sacrificially of our life, our time and treasure for the sake of the Kingdom of God, for love of God and neighbor. By using the envelope it helps us to do this prayerfully and reflectively in a planned way. It helps us to place God first in our lives. Thank you for being a partner with us in this important part of Christ’s work. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Children and Family Faith Formation Coordinator
The children in the Children’s Faith Formation process and the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Little Lambs Preschool are partnering together in a service project to help children in the orphanages located in Haiti, through Caritas in Veritate International.
Our goal is to raise $500.00 this will enable 10 children to have lunch daily for one year. Talk with your child during this Advent season and help them come to a decision on how much money they have and can donate themselves. A child that begins to practices this act of stewardship in donating money or goods it becomes a regular practice all their life.
The money collection jars will be located in the faith formation classrooms and the preschool classrooms.
Thank You for your prayers and your support with the Children’s Advent Stewardship project. Please contact Pam at 480-334-5226 or email@example.com with any questions.