Religious Education Faith Formation Registration for 1st Grade to 12th Grade
Important Information before registering
- Children will receive the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation in third grade or older.
- Children are required to attend at least two years of Religious Education Classes before receiving the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
- This year we are offering both ONLINE AND IN PERSON CLASSES
OLMC RE Option 1
75 % In person – 25% online classes (1st- 12th grade)
In person classes will be: 12 children per classroom – First come, first served
- 1 classroom for 1st grade
- 1 classroom for Sacraments I (2nd- 3rd grade)
- 1 classroom for Sacraments I (4-6th grade)
- 1classroom for Sacraments II (3rd grade)
- 1 classroom for Sacraments II (4-6th grade)
Classes will have one online class per month.
Students chairs will remain at least 6 feet apart and will not share objects (each student should bring their own pencils, color pencil, scissors, eraser, etc.).
The group of students will stay together with the same teacher the whole year.
One parent per child is required to come to the 5 parents’ meeting sessions throughout the year
In person classes schedule:
- 1st – 6th grade: Meets on Sundays from 10:20-11:45am
- 7-12th grade: Meets on Wednesday evenings 7:00-8:30pm
More information to come in the following weeks
OLMC RE Option 2
90% online – 10% in person classes (2nd grade – 6th grade)
Classes will be:
- OLMC RE will be using an online platform (More information on August regarding the platform)
- Parents are to guide their children in going through the online session with their child
- Children are required to attend one online session a month with our DRE and one RE teacher from OLMC. This meeting will take place through Google Meets. Sessions will be on Tuesdays from 3:45-4:45pm or Tuesdays from 5:00-6:00pm (we will assign you a time once you register).
- Weekly homework
- Children are required to meet with our DRE one time by the end of each of the 2 semesters and before receiving any Sacrament (Reconciliation or First Communion & Confirmation). Sr. Cristina will contact the parents to schedule the meetings.
- Fall: around December
- Spring: around April
- Children need to attend to one retreat before their first Reconciliation and one retreat for all children before receiving the Sacraments of First Communion and Confirmation (more information about this later in the year)
Parents are required to attend 5 online parents meeting sessions throughout the year. Parents Meetings will be online