The Sacraments of First Eucharist and Confirmation
Our young parishioners are an integral part of Faith Formation at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. To teach our children about Our Faith and offer Sacramental Preparation follows the teaching of Our Lord and Savior.
Through this ministry, our children are taught to know, love and serve God. Additionally, the Sacraments of Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation enable them to form a personal and intimate relationship with Our Lord and to share in communal worship.
- Children will receive the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation on third grade or older.
- Children are required to attend at least two years of Religious Education Classes before receiving the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
Meeting Dates and Times
Grades 1st – 6th: Sundays from 10:20-11:45am
Grades 7-12th: Mondays from 7:00-8:30pm
Religious Education Fees
|OLMC Stewardship family||No cost|
|First year of RE||$60 per child|
|Children receiving Sacraments of First Communion and Confirmation||$100 per child|
|RE for children with Sacraments||$60 per child|
We need your Commitment and Assistance
As first and primary teachers of your child’s faith, we ask that parents spend time in sharing what they know about the faith focusing on the objective given each Sunday. This will enrich learning by reinforcing what we teach every week.
More about our Program
- 5 Parent meeting will be help throughout the year.
- We will have special sessions to celebrate the liturgical seasons of Advent and Easter
- We will hold a one day retreat for children with their sponsors preparing to receive the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation
- We will hold a one day retreat for students in grades 7-12th grade preparing to receive the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation